Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm a winner!

Apologies for the late posting but I've been a bit poorly this week. Nothing more serious than a heavy cold, but unfortunately Techno caught it, whereupon it mutated into that most deadly of strains, man flu. I try to steer away from clich̩s Рyou know, what with trying to be a writer and all Рbut honestly, that man is nothing but a walking clich̩ right now.

So, enough of the excuses, on to more interesting things. Like the fact that I won a competition.

Jami Gold at Paranormal Author had a prize draw to celebrate her one year blogiversary, and I won. Yay! What's really great is that I get to choose the prize (within reason of course, I don't think she'll spring for an African safari for me and 45 of my closest friends, sorry guys).

I'm dithering between a 3000 word in depth critique, and a 25,000 word beta read. My new writing project has stalled right out of the starting blocks and the revisions for Looking for Lola (well, I couldn't keep on calling it Joe and the Angels, could I?) are not going well. So much so, that I pretty much haven't moved forward at all in the last week or so. That's why I'm so thrilled about winning this competition. It's motivation; a deadline, if you like. I definitely work better under pressure.

Normal service will be resumed next week when Techno will either be better or buried alive in the garden (right now, I'm not too bothered which). In the meantime there's this. You may have seen it, it's been around for a while but even if you have, take another look. I bet you smile!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats. May you rock the pressure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I guess this is your reward for surviving the flu in the middle of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    congratulations - what a cool prize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better and congrats on the prize. Yay! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the contest. We'll be interested to hear which one you go with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the cold--but congrats on being a winner!! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the word "dithering." Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great - congratulations. If it was me (and it isn't), I'd go for the in-depth critique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily - thank you!

    Linda - Aye, pressure works for me :)

    Phil - thank you, but I merely had a cold apparently; it was himself that has the flu ;-)

    Michelle - welcome to you, and it is isn't it?

    Madeleine - thanks on both counts :)

    Kimberly - hello there, and as soon as I know, you'll know. I can't keep anything quiet :)

    Jennifer - Woot! One of my all time favourite words :)

    Nicholas - It's a very English word I think :) Welcome to you, and may I say the photographs you've collected on your site are wonderful. I've seen two in particular already that need a story to go with them!

    DJ - thanks. I'm still not 100% but I'll keep you updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. huge congrats on your win!! Both are great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the win. How are you going to choose which prize??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Sarah! Sorry you've not been well, this probably makes you feel loads better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynda - Hello there, and thanks. They are great, aren't they?

    Paula - Welcome to you, and right now I have no idea!

    Louise - thanks, and it certainly does :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your win. What a truly wonderful prize. I'd love to know which one you picked in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rebecca - Welcome to you. Still haven't chosen yet :)

    ReplyDelete

I happily answer all comments on my blog, and by email if it's not a 'noreply' address :-)